Saturday, February 23, 2013

Leah's First Valentine's Day

2.14.13
How could you not love a day that celebrates love? I like to think that I celebrate love every day by showing the ones closest to me how much I love them on a daily basis, but who doesn't love another reason to celebrate? Another reason to decorate the house? Do crafts? Take pictures? Dress up? Do something special for someone you love? This Valentine's Day was extra special because of the new little valentine in our lives. 

Leah's first Valentine's Day was so special and filled with love. Daddy got her the sweetest card and brought us home a dozen roses. There is nothing sweeter than seeing my husband do these special things for our daughter. I love seeing him start these traditions with her. It melts my heart. These are the things that girls cherish forever. My dad still thinks of me on Valentine's day and it still makes me feel special every year. This year he had two floral arrangements delivered to the house. One for me and one for Leah. It meant so much to us. Thank you dad/pop-pop! We love you!


Leah also received her first piece of jewelry from her Grandpa Rick. He kept telling us weeks before Valentine's Day that he was so excited to give Leah the gift he had been working on. I was in tears when we opened up her present. It was a necklace with her birthstone surrounded in little pave diamonds. He had designed it just for her. This is something she will have and cherish forever. Thank you so much, Grandpa Rick! We love you!


David also made Valentine's Day a special day for me like he does every year. At first I was just going to write about Leah's first Valentine's Day since I use this blog to serve as her scrapbook, but then I thought it was important to document the sweet and thoughtful things her daddy does for her mommy. We started the festivities a week early with the annual IUSD Valentine's Day Dance. We go every year and have such a great time! I love getting all dressed up with my hubby and having a great night with great friends. David has the best class. I have become close with many of his classmates and their wives/girlfriends, so it's always so great seeing everyone and catching up!


On actual Valentine's Day, David took the day off class/clinic to spend the day with his girls. He made us breakfast and we spent the morning hanging out with our Leahbug. Around 2 o'clock he had suggested that I spend the afternoon baby-free to go and do whatever I wanted for the day. He told me he had a surprise and to be home at 6:00. I was excited to have the afternoon to go and run some errands and do some shopping! I was also pretty excited to get home to see what he had up his sleeve! I knew he would most likely be making me a nice dinner but I was so surprised when I got home and he led me into the living room to this set-up...

He had re-arranged the living room to make this romantic set-up. I was in tears at just how perfect he had made everything. He made us bloody mary's, shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, and dessert. He thought of everything. It was perfect to have a romantic evening at home with our baby girl right next to us in her swing. It couldn't have been a better Valentine's Day with the loves of my life. 



Sunday we spent the evening with David's family celebrating Valentine's Day. They brought over take-out and we had a great night playing with Leah and hanging out. I love having such a close knit family that lives close :)

Thank you to all of our family who made Leah's first Valentine's Day so special. We love you so much!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day with the ones you love :)

5 comments:

  1. So awesome! Sounds like he loved to surprise you! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so thoughtful, and beautiful :) Send tips my hubby's way ;)

    You look amazing btw!!!!

    Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

    myroseamongthorns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are so kind!! :) Thank you so much!!! Heading over to check out your blog :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It's embarrassing compared to your blog-I need some tips on photography ;) as well as editing!

      Delete